Assistant Branch Manager
Hours of work: (alternateSaturdays)
Job Purpose: To assist with the management ofplanning and supervision, and
smooth operation of the branch in order todeliver the maximum
gross profit in linewith company targets.
To manage the branchin the absence of the Branch Manager.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Manage the branch in the absence of the Branch Manager.
- Communicate effectively with the Branch Manager and branch staff to aid in the smooth running of the branch.
- Responsible for achieving GP Sales and Net Profit targets relating to the branch.
- Contribute to achieving branch performance targets as agreed.
- Utilise Bistrack reports on a daily basis to monitor all Branch transactions, i.e. low margin report, price override report and order monitor report.
- Audit quotations to ensure these are pursued and followed through.
- Assist with ordering stock to maintain correct levels in branch.
- Responsible for ensuring that branch staff adheres to the companies purchasing directives.
- Build effective customer relationships to ensure that all sales opportunities are maximised.
- Effectively motivate branch staff to drive sales and GP targets forward, particularly focusing on office and counter sales, and maximising sales opportunities.
- Work with the branches dedicated Area Sales Representative to generate business into the branch.
- Responsible for ensuring branch staff deliver optimum customer satisfaction, and continually monitor and improve levels of service.
- Handle complaints promptly and efficiently and escalate if required.
- Contact key customers on a regular basis to review the company’s performance with them and address any issues.
- Support marketing campaigns and promotions to ensure the maximum benefit is gained.
- Participate in customer hospitality/entertainment in order to assist with the maintenance of customer relationships.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the Company Dress Code Policy, Standards of Performance Policy and Health and Safety Policy, and ensure full compliance from all branch staff.
Related Jobs (12)
Various Roles – Hire sector on 16th June 2020
Senior Branch Manager / General Manager / Branch Director on 16th June 2020 Full Time