Our enthusiastic colleagues play a vital role in ensuring we deliver goods and services between our suppliers and customer base and we’re looking to recruit fantastic new colleagues to start their career journey within C & L.
No experience is required as you will be given full training throughout your Level 2 Trade apprenticeship via the Builders Merchants Federation alongside specific training from C & L / Group colleagues
Your responsibilities include:
- Managing stock in and out (to customers)
- Picking and Packing
- Store transfers & stock control
- Completing the paperwork within the office
- Raising quotations
- Trade Counter Sales and Payments
- Sales Calls
- Processing orders
- Answering the telephone
- Additional responsibilities as industry knowledge grows
Throughout your 12 Month Apprenticeship Programme, you will learn how to:
- Communicate confidently to internal and external customers about the company and how it operates
- Assist customers in identifying product ranges and alternative products across our ranges.
- You will learn to offer customers the full range of products we sell
- Process and record the receipt, storage, assembly, and despatch of goods
We are looking for someone with a genuine interest in delivering outstanding customer service. The successful candidate will be organised with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
At the end of your apprenticeship, you will receive a Level 2 Trade Supplier qualification, along with any completed Maths or English.
**Please note Manual lifting of products is also required on a frequent basis – training will be provided**
- Good Communicator
- Teamwork skills
- Wants to progress and develop in the business
- Hardworking team player who is self-motivated
- Confident with people and Willing to Learn
- Should be well presented and operate in a clean and tidy manner
- Smart appearance
Your Working Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
Salary: Above Government Apprentice guidelines and in line with National Living Wage