Laker is expanding; If you are an Experienced Merchant Sales Person with a proven track record of selling building products, then this will be an excellent opportunity to work for a dynamic growing organisation!
Providing a point of contact for customers on the sales counter, dealing with enquiries over the phone and face to face, whilst maintaining high levels of customer service in order to maximise sales potential.
Because it’s all about making sure the customers get the best experience when they visit a Laker Builders Merchant, your role includes:
- Build effective working relationships with customers, in order to understand their requirements thus ensuring that the correct products are supplied.
- Use initiative to identify sales opportunities and offer advice and solutions to customers, thus maximising profitable sales and margin.
- Maintain a clean and effectively merchandised counter area in line with company policy.
- Ensure that company policies are followed at all times when producing paperwork associated with sales.
- Liaise with suppliers where necessary.
- Support the Branch Manager and colleagues in working as a team to ensure the branch operates efficiently and effectively within company policy. Helping yard staff when possible.
- Ensure a tidy working environment at all times in line with health and safety guidelines.
- Actively safeguard against theft of company goods or property by being security conscious at all times.
- Perform any other duties as may be deemed necessary or as may be required by the company.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record of sales within the building merchanting / Builder Merchant industry who will also need:
- A really positive attitude.
- Someone who is reliable and enthusiastic.
- Someone who is happy to muck-in and do whatever needs doing.
- Enjoy talking to lots of different people.
- Live a reasonable distance to the Crawley branch.
- In return, we offer you to be part of a fun and growing builders merchant who aim to keep providing service levels that the national merchant cannot.
- Excellent basic salary.
- Discretionary bonus scheme following probationary period.
- 21 days annual leave + public holidays.
- A contributory pension scheme.
- A range of training and development programmes to help you progress your career.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of general building, hardware, timber products and their uses.
- Able to deal with customer queries and complaints in a polite and courteous manner.
- Organised and punctual
- Able to manually lift and carry loads.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a team.
- Drivers license.
- Forklift license.
Hours: Monday to Friday 7.00am to 5pm and every other Saturday 8am to midday
Related Jobs (21)
Technical / Commercial Sales Managers – Construction Sales on 10th November 2019 Full Time
Technical / Commercial Sales Manager – Construction Sales on 8th November 2019 Full Time