An experienced customer delivery driver with full HGV licence is required at Laker Builders Merchant Crawley, you will be required to safely deliver building materials to our customers whilst representing the company based from our Crawley branch. Delivering over an approximate 18.5 mile radius. A mandatory clean licence with a professional approach towards your vehicle the high standards of safety and duty of care will be mandatory. In addition, your job role will include supporting your colleagues within the branch, yard and warehouse. We are looking for someone with:
*Experience and Qualifications:
- A valid full HGV Class 2 licence, must have HIAB ticket with remote and rear wheel steer experience.
- A full CPC card preferred.
- 2 years + experience
- Needs to be able to work with the team and has a conscientious attitude towards stock and equipment.
- Should have experience in delivering building materials and a friendly “can do” attitude.
- Previous training in IOSH Working safely would be desirable.
- Flexible and willing to support the needs of the business.
- Highly motivated with the ability and desire to make a difference.
- Take ownership for improving safety standards and creating a safety-first environment.
- A passionate individual, with an good understanding of providing exceptional customer service.
Who we are looking for:
- The ideal Class 2 HGV Hiab Driver will have a friendly and outgoing nature and can work independently and within a team.
- An HGV Licence at Class 2 or above required and previous experience of HGV Driving essential.
- The successful applicant will have strong logistical and geographical knowledge, excellent interpersonal skills and be self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable.
- The successful applicant would ideally have experience with building materials and with remote controlled lorry mounted crane offloading, but full Health and Safety training will be given. A fork lift licence would also be preferable.
In summary Laker Builders Merchant require a self-motivated individual, with a flexible approach, excellent communication skills and a customer-focused attitude. Based from Crawley, Hours: Monday to Friday 7.00am to 5pm and every other Saturday 8am to midday
21 days annual leave + public holidays