Illingworth Ingham M/cr Ltd has been a highly successful, independent, family run Timber merchant since 1929. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of our many branches across the north west.
Internal Sales Executives are an essential part of the Illingworth Ingham branch team, working closely with the Branch Manager to develop a sales strategy which focuses on proactive development of existing customers, lapsed customers and how to attract new ones in order to maximise profitable sales. You will engage the branch colleagues in the execution of the plan in order to grow and bring additional sales value into the business whilst delivering our everyday values.
In this position, you will play a key role in the sale of our full range of building supplies products with an emphasis on Timber and Joinery. Product knowledge and previous sales experience in a similar role within a builder’s merchant environment will be advantageous for this role.
You will be working within a close-knit team and will be dealing with our customers on a daily basis. You will therefore, need to be the person that our customers will look forward to seeing, knowing that they will always receive excellent customer service and sound advice.
You should be confident, have excellent product knowledge, a genuine commitment to providing excellent customer service, great attention to detail and be able to build and develop great customer relationships. Being computer literate is also vital. the Branch Manager has created a fun and professional environment, so you will be in great hands.
What will I be doing?
No one day is the same as the next in The Illingworth branch life, but here are a few pointers:
- Our success is built on strong relationships with our customers so it’s essential that you can engage and inspire the branch colleagues to support in executing the sales strategy and support the team being professional, friendly and enthusiastic, ensuring they know the part they need to play
- Understanding our local competition is key, this will enable you to harness opportunities and develop strong sales propositions which meet customer needs in order for us to be competitive in the local market
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with customers to ensure ongoing profitability
- Liaise with suppliers to create profitable sales
- You will support the Branch Manager in managing some aspects of a Branch and business
- Flexible approach to daily tasks and challenges as branch work can be varied
Hours: Monday to Thursday 07.45 – 17.00 / Friday 07:45 – 16.30 & 1 in 3 Saturdays 08:00am – 12.30pm
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary and annual bonus (Rate of Pay dependent on experience)
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Great discounts across Illingworth Ingham Ltd
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Opportunities for career progression and further training
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: £25,000.00-£30,000.00 per year