MEMBERSHIP ENGAGEMENT EXECUTIVE – MERCHANT MEMBERS
Level 3 Business Admin Apprenticeship
The Builders Merchants Federation (BMF) is the trade association that represents the interests and activities of independent and national UK Builders merchants and of leading building material manufacturers. Total membership at 1 April 2022 stands at 780 member companies who together have combined sales of £39bn and employ over 207,000 people in the building materials industry. BMF’s 395 merchant members operate from over 5,750 branches across the UK and Ireland.
Monday to Friday, from 9.00am until 5.00pm (totalling 35 hours per week)
This new role has been created to supplement growth in merchant membership in 2022/23, particularly for smaller sized merchants who are members of buying groups. The role requires a good telephone manner and administrative skills to maintain contact and engagement with members. You will be required to establish a relationship to build added value across all areas of the BMF’s offer, including training and skills development, business support, economic reporting, policy and public affairs and cross sector collaboration. The ideal person will have Telesales experience and be positive, self-confident, self motivated, imaginative, inquisitive, self disciplined and have an excellent telephone manner..
• Act as a first point of contact for new members
• Create and manage relationships with new and existing low engaged members, understanding their needs and ensuring they understand the benefits from membership
• Maintain the company’s CRM system (iMIS) ensuring accurate records of all calls and dialogue with members, maintaining active records including merging of duplicates or identifying old data to be deleted
• Proactively promote all BMF products and services
• Maximise leads and opportunities, ensuring all leads are followed up in a timely manner
• Assist with enquires, via telephone and email
• Present a professional image in all communications and meetings.
• Provide administrative support for colleagues as requested or directed by line manager
• Any other duties as and when required
Skills and Experience
• Telesales experience is essential
• Excellent telephone manner, communication and listening skills
• Ability to interface and relate to people from differing backgrounds and status
• Ability to communicate effectively via the telephone and/or face to face
• Good level of competence in Excel, Word and Outlook
• Experience of using a CRM system
• Good organisational skills used in planning own workload
• Calm and professional disposition
• Capable of working under pressure to meet necessary deadlines and initiatives and able to work in a busy office environment
• Well organised with strong attention to detail
• Have a ‘can do’ attitude and be willing to be flexible and help in a small team.
• It is likely that the successful candidate will live in easy commuting distance of our Coventry Head Office
• Hold a current driving licence
• Experience of working for a trade association
• General understanding of the building materials sector.
• Your primary place of work will be at the BMF Coventry Head Office at 1180 Elliott Court, Coventry Business Park, Canley, Coventry CV5 6UB
• Occasional attendance at other venues, with possible overnight stays
• Contributary pension scheme
• Bonus scheme
• Holiday Entitlement – 23 days plus Bank Holidays
Related Jobs (2)
Administrative Apprentice – St Helens, Merseyside on 1st August 2022 Full Time