Role: Operations Manager
Location: East London / Essex
Sector: Building Materials / Construction / Builders Merchants / Insulation / Distribution
Salary: c.£60,000 (negotiable) + benefits.
This role is a big role within a huge £40m turnover, 30 vehicles, 60-person operation.
We a recruiting an experienced Operations Manager for one of the UK’s leading distributors of building materials / construction supplies. The successful Operations Manager will have experience of a similar operations management role within the Construction industry.
As Operations manager you be responsible for transport & warehouse activities, working closely with the management team to ensure all operations are carried out effectively and efficiently.
You will have excellent operational management skills and provide leadership for your team. You team will consist of a Warehouse Manager and Transport Manager as well as a dotted line to an operational team of 40 people.
Operations Manager Role & Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for the whole transport, logistics and warehouse facility, identifying ways in which you are able to improve processes.
- Implementing a new inventory management system for the warehouse.
- You will ensure that quality procedures are adhered to and investigate any non-conformities.
- You will need to ensure that all Health & Safety procedures are practised and also ensure that all environmental risks are kept to a minimum.
- Contributing to the evaluation and development operational strategy and performance measures.
- You will be responsible for implementing and reviewing a continuous improvement strategy.
- Managing a team large team
- Liaising with the Senior Management team to ensure efficient running of the operation.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Strong Operations Management background (ideally within the Construction Supplies, Insulation, Building Materials sector
- Excellent commitment, leadership and organisational abilities.
- Attention to detail and the ability to use initiative to overcome day to day issues.
- You will have proven management experience within the Manufactuer industry or Construction sector.
- You will hold a full UK driving license
- You will have previously worked within a Senior Operations Management role within the above sectors
- IOSH/NEBOSH certified
- Lean Six Sigma qualification
This is an urgent vacancy so please APPLY NOW and someone will be in touch.
Related Jobs (17)
Yard Manager, TJ O’Mahony Plus, Prosperous Co. Kildare on 20th July 2020 Full Time
Various Roles – Hire sector on 16th June 2020