Hevey Building Supplies – recently entering the 21st year of trading we are proud to be one of the largest independent builders’ merchants in the Midlands. We offer a wide range of products with expert advice and superb customer service from the beginning of your project to completion. Our expertise combined with a flexible fleet from crane off load lorries to pickups has enabled us to create a reputation for offering exceptional customer service.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Trade Counter Apprentice.
Trade Suppliers play a vital role in ensuring an efficient flow of goods and service between manufacturers and their skilled trade customer base. No Experience is required you will be given full training through your apprenticeship and internal training.
Your responsibilities include:
- Managing stock in and out (to external clients)
- Picking and Packing
- Store transfers & stock control
- Completing the paperwork within the office
- Raising quotations
- Trade Counter Sales and Payments
- Sales Calls
- Processing orders
- Answering the telephone
- Additional responsibilities as industry knowledge grows.
Throughout your 12 Month Apprenticeship Programme, you will learn how to:
- Communicate confidently to internal and external customers about the company and how it operates
- Assist customers in exploring product ranges and alternative and complementary products and services
- Process and record the receipt, storage, assembly and despatch of goods
We are looking for someone with a genuine interest in delivering outstanding customer service. The successful candidate will be methodical with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
At the end of your apprenticeship you will receive a Level 2 Trade Supplier qualification, along with any completed Maths or English.
**Please note that alternate Saturday morning work is required. Manual lifting of products is also required on a frequent basis – training will be provided**
- Good communicator
- Teamwork skills
- Wants to progress and develop in the business.
- Hardworking team player who is self-motivated
- Should be well presented and operate in a clean and tidy manner
- Smart appearance
- Confident with people
- Can follow procedures
- Willing to learn.
We stock over 15000 products ranging from building materials, timber, joinery, plumbing, electrical alongside specialist ironmongery and kitchens. Hevey Building Supplies can meet all of your product requirements at highly competitive prices.
Our experienced colleagues can assist you with any size project and our focus on ensuring our customers receive a great experience when purchasing building materials. We are looking to fulfil positions in our Northampton, Kettering, and Huntingdon branches.