Trade Counter Apprenticeship
Position: Branch Operative
Location: Jemcentres, 223-231 Green Lane, Stoneycroft, Liverpool, L13 6RH
Here at JEMS we pride ourselves that many of our team have been with us since the start of the retail company and offer many years of experience. We have been joined with new staff that also bring with them experience from their previous employment. Our team of friendly and helpful advisor’s will always do their utmost to help customers source products that they require for their jobs. We have a loyal customer base that also have been with us for many years due mainly to the products we offer and the service they receive. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Trade Counter Apprentice.
Trade Suppliers play a vital role in ensuring an efficient flow of goods and service between manufacturers and their skilled trade customer base. No Experience is required you will be given full training through your apprenticeship and internal training.
Your responsibilities include:
• Managing stock in and out (to external clients)
• Picking and Packing
• Store transfers & stock control
• Completing the paperwork within the office
• Raising quotations
• Trade Counter Sales and Payments
• Sales Calls
• Processing orders
• Answering the telephone
• Additional responsibilities as industry knowledge grows
Throughout your 12 Month Apprenticeship Programme, you will learn how to:
• Communicate confidently to internal and external customers about the company and how it operates
• Assist customers in exploring product ranges and alternative and complementary products and services
• Process and record the receipt, storage, assembly and despatch of goods
• Gain support in Maths and English if not already achieved.
We are looking for someone with a genuine interest in delivering outstanding customer service. The successful candidate will be methodical with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
At the end of your apprenticeship, you will receive a Level 2 Trade Supplier qualification, along with any completed Maths or English.
**Please note that alternate Saturday morning work is required. Manual lifting of products is also required on a frequent basis – training will be provided**
• Good communicator
• Teamwork, Maths & English skills
• Wants to progress and develop in the business
• Hardworking team player who is self-motivated
• Should be well presented and operate in a clean and tidy manner
• Friendly / Polite
• Confident with people
• Can follow procedures
• Willing to learn
Jemcrete Ltd Trading as Jem Centres is an independent Builders merchant based in Liverpool. We began in the early seventies as JEM JOINERY a company fitting shop fronts, doors, and windows
Our premises in West Derby was our workshop. Due to demand in the area, we opened a small counter premises at the site called THE OFFCUT selling basic DIY products, timber, Glass etc to the public.
Salary: Above average DfE
£6.50ph with periodic increases based on performance and targets
Related Jobs (9)
Administrative Apprenticeship – Banbury, Oxfordshire on 22nd March 2022 ApprenticeshipFull Time