Trade Counter Apprentice
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Kings Dock, Liverpool L1
Beers Timber & Building Supplies Ltd, is a long-established independent Merchant, offering general timber and building supplies to both the trade and the general public alike, throughout Merseyside, Warrington, Wirral, Manchester and the North-West area.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Trade Counter Assistant, to join our busy branch based within our depot, Kings Dock Liverpool.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and eager to learn, have basic computer skills and a UK driving licence would be beneficial (but not essential)
Responsibilities & Duties (Include but not limited to)
- Managing stock in and out (to trade and general public)
- Picking and Packing
- Store transfers & stock control
- Completing the paperwork within the office
- Raising quotations
- Trade Counter Sales and Payments
- Sales Calls
- Processing orders
- Answering the telephone
- Additional responsibilities as industry knowledge grows
Throughout your 12 Month Apprenticeship Programme, you will learn how to:
- Communicate confidently to internal and external customers about the company and how it operates
- Assist customers in exploring product ranges and alternative and complementary products and services
- Process and record the receipt, storage, assembly and despatch of goods
We are looking for someone with a genuine interest in delivering outstanding customer service. The successful candidate will be methodical with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
At the end of your apprenticeship, you will receive a Level 2 Trade Supplier qualification, along with any completed Maths or English.
**Please note Manual lifting of products is also required on a frequent basis – training will be provided**
Our hours of work: 7.30 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday – 1 in 2 Saturday’s 8.00 am to 12.30pm.