We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and hardworking Yard Supervisor to join our team at Buttle’s in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire.
Buttle’s is a growing and well-respected independent builder’s merchant with a network of branches across London, Enfield, St Albans & Leighton Buzzard. We’ve been delivering on customer service for 100 years – as we celebrate our centenary in 2019!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supervise and motivate the yard team to deliver excellent customer service.
- Organise and co-ordinate daily duties to the team, for tasks to be completed in timely & efficient manner.
- Lead by example with safe working practices to be conducted by the team at all times.
- Ensure that all daily checks of fork lift vehicles are undertaken and appropriate actions are taken.
- Instil good house-keeping as standard and check this is maintained; for the yard to always be safe and tidy.
- Ensure that all health & safety standards are complied with, appropriate risk assessments are undertaken for any hazards and risks to be minimised and controlled.
- Coach and support the team to gain efficiencies i.e. work smarter not harder.
- Convey longer term operational goals and delegate tasks effectively for team to achieve.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven ability to lead and develop team e.g. set objectives to drive performance improvement.
- Building materials product knowledge is essential, ideally gained from previous experience within a builder’s merchant environment.
- Forklift Licence Counter balance licence is required and Reach licence would be an advantage.
- Display high standards of customer service within all areas of your work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers.
- Competitive Salary
- Career Progression
- Training and Development
- Free Parking
- Staff Discount in our Trade Store
If you have the required skills and experience please apply today with your CV for a chance to join Buttle plc – an exciting growing company!
Related Jobs (6)
Warehouse Assistant/Driver – Milton Keynes Full and Part time on 8th August 2019 Full Time